Sunday, August 29, 2010

A Day of Finds


Had a full day! Woke up at 6:30 and headed to Niles for their annual Antique Sale. I came away with a few goodies and after a few hours of garage sale scouring and booth bargaining, I continued onto Oakland for..



... a walk in the Mountain View Cemetery with Miss Essential Monsters herself.


We stumbled on this outsider art shadow box on an unmarked grave in the "unfunded" portion of the cemetery. It was such an amazing find amongst the broken head stones and weeds of a forgotten group of graves from an Oakland's home for women.


After a few hours of graveside strolling I went to SF to see the Birth of Impressionism show at the De Young. You can't, of course, take any pics in the gallery (although I'm pretty sure I did at the Musée D'Orsay when I saw them the first time), but I did take some shots of some of my favs from the permanent collection...






1 comment: