Wednesday, July 15, 2009

My Dream House



I've spent my whole life imaging various ideal homes for myself. They have taken many forms over the years. On any given day I can imagine myself in the quintessential Parisian apartment complete with peeling flocked damask wallpaper in raspberry red or perhaps I live in a Mexican style house with an inner courtyard and patterned handmade tiles in azure and orange. But yesterday while visiting Katie at Anthro Corte Madera, I came across an image she had saved of Japanese architect, Terunobu Fujimori's work.  I think if you asked me today where I would want to spend my ideal night, it might be in one of these structures...


I love to walk with Aaron or even alone. During every walk I always wish my journey lead me to some secret Tea House tucked away on a woodland path. I think this is what I had in mind...

These creations remind me of something from a Miyazaki animation, part dream, part nature, something remembered and internal, wholly wondrous and magical.

I had to share!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These feel like your art Courtney. Very dream like, childlike and places to inspire.

Courtney Cerruti said...

I've always been drawn to that combination of dreamlike spaces intersecting with the reality of one's everyday. Having tea is such a part of my life, how wonderful would it be to happen upon such an unexpected and magical teahouse as the one Fujimori built?!?