Monday, July 20, 2009

I came across this photo of me when I was about 2 when I was scanning family photographs to upload to digital picture frame I bought my Grandma last Christmas. I think of this weekend and the dozen of photos I snapped so easily with my digital SLR of Mila and her friends at her birthday. Nadia at 6 1/2 reminds me of me when I was that age. Confident and prancing around the park in a pair of butterfly wings, posing for the camera. Photos are so easy these days. Most often they remain images sitting on a chip, a hard drive or a desktop file. How often do I search out the album on the bookshelf? Hardly ever. When I was a teenager, I used to look through the albums of me as a child, remembering certain holidays or favorite, long lost toys  now immortalized in a glossy 4x6. I wonder if Nad and Mi will remember the moments those photos were snapped. Will Mila remember her 4th birthday at the park, the lemon and vanilla cupcakes melting in the sun? I don't remember this day, this backyard stoop or this hat. The two front teeth are a familiar sight; I still have those, larger than the rest of teeth smiling back at me...

No comments: