Wednesday, November 21, 2012

NYC


I went to New York for the first time. It was amazing. There was snow on the ground when we arrived at 6AM on a Friday morning, and the sun glinted off icy roof tops as we rode from the JFK into Manhattan.


I went to the Strand bookstore, which has been on my list to-do since forever. And I asked the guy behind the counter to recommend the best coffee, which led us to Paradis which was tiny and warm and full of amazing baked goods, homemade jam and tiny tables and chairs occupied by happy New Yorkers eating breakfast.



I saw my favorite Brooklyn girl, and we dug around a tiny shop filled with stamps looking for that perfect image... and then I met this boy Keat, who makes stamps and draws zines and I bought his book.



And I saw amazing displays and bought beautiful objects.


I rode on the Subway.


I walked the streets of New York from morning til night and saw many, many things.






I saw beautiful art.



I saw miniature art.

 
I saw cool art.


I ate good food in good company.


and I took many, many pictures. Thanks, New York. I hope to see you again soon.


3 comments:

Rebecca said...

New York awaits your return with excitement!

Unknown said...

I just came across your blog randomly, and I'm following now. :)
I love this post of your trip to New York. It's nice to see the city through the eyes of a newcomer, and a creative one at that.
xo,
Mary

Courtney Cerruti said...

Thank you, Mary! Glad you found me!!! Are you in New York?