Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A Picture A Day

My picture for today is of a fox I met this afternoon at Ardenwood Farm. I've been going to this farm since I was a child, picnicking with my grandparents spending lazy summer afternoons under the eucalyptus. I would pick tomatoes in the fields during the summers and carefully select plump orange pumpkins in Autumn. As an adult, I have returned to enjoy the beauty of this park with friends. I was there today with MJ and her family and met this wild red fox. I was so taken with his beauty! He lounged like a farm cat on the picnic benches. It was incredible!
He was so cute, I had to share.

2 comments:

elisabeth alexander (elisabeth engel) said...

Wow. he is breathtaking! I love foxes and my dog looks like one. (I put a photo of him up on my blog a month ago.)They are gorgeous creatures. Thanks for sharing.

Cecilia Levy said...

Hi Courtney! I first thought this was a cat - with colors like a fox..! Incredible shot :)